With the current economic downturn you may be thinking of changing employers for better pay. In case you have thought about joining the offshore industry and was wondering on which jobs you can apply, below is a list of top oil and gas jobs you can give a shot.
The offshore oil and gas industry employs both professionals and non trained staff. You need not to worry if you do not have a university degree, you may work as a truck driver; offshore rigs use trucks to move equipment and to haul away water or oil. To pass as a truck driver you will need to have a little mechanic and supervisory skills to get this $50,000 a year job.
Are you an engineer who specializes in measuring? The offshore industry most definitely needs you than you may need them. You will be mandated to ensure that the drilling process is conducted effectively. You will however need some technical experience to land this $90,000 a year job.
The offshore industry greatly relies on geologists as it form the foundation all drilling processes. Geologists basically determine where the offshore rig will be located. For this $120,000 a year job you will need to have a Bachelor of Science degree to get hired.
All offshore oil and gas rigs need to have a drilling consultant who manages the daily running of the rig. As a drilling consultant your task will be to ensure that all operations are smoothly undertaken without any hitch. For this $200.000 a year job you will need to ensure there are enough supplies at the offshore rig at any particular time.
Other offshore job Links
- Utility Hand
- Training Manager, Community Operations
- Data Analyst / Engineer
- Entry level python developer
- Enterprise Technical Lead
- Software Developer
- Research Assistant III/Senior Research Assistant/Research Associate I, II, or III
- Business Operations Associate
- Offshore Superintendent
- On-Call / Work from Home Recruiter, Houston, TX -- (MV/RG)
- QA Lead
- Director, Training Development & Management
- Administrative Assistant
- Reporting Systems Analyst
- Admin Assistant
- Lead, Research IT Technical Architecture
- Learning Coordinator - Seattle, WA
- IT Cloud Specialist (Entry Level)
- Utility Hand
- Engineer I, Engineer II, or Research Engineer (Software)