The offshore drilling jobs are for all those who are looking for a sense of adventure coupled with a large payout. The offshore jobs related to the drilling of oil from the seabed are one of the most physically demanding jobs available. This job however, also compensates handsomely to all those who opt for it. Drilling for oil is one of the most expensive businesses.
This industry calls for a comprehensive research for natural oil resources. There is no sure shot way of recognizing whether a possible oil reserve is large enough to set up a rig on. Therefore there are temporary rigs in the form of floaters which drill into the seabed and then assess the financial viability of setting up a permanent station for the extraction of oil.
The job requires geologists and oceanographers alike. In fact the oil extraction program is one of those programs which involve the best of experts from a variety of fields to establish. The marine biologist and the geologists look for the possibility of oil, then the engineers and sailors rig that source and then the viability of establishing a permanent rig is considered. This is why this is one of the highest paying jobs as well, as the rewards are immense.
Other offshore job Links
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- Assistant Production Manager
- Galley Hand
- Associate Software Engineer
- Marine Technician/Oceanographer – Bothell, WA
- USCG Captain/Marine Technician – Bothell, WA
- Supply Chain Analyst, Business Intelligence
- Utility Hand
- Offshore Cooks & Galley Hands
- International Banking Specialist
- Entry Level - Warehouse Associate
- Data Analyst
- Asset Management Funds - External Client Advisor, Offshore Channel, Western Territory,Vice President
- Business Analyst With Abinitio /Teradata SQL
- Project Manager
- Offshore Rigger
- Analyst/Associate, Corporate Development
- Recovery Technician
- Human Resources Assistant
- Rigger Helper