The offshore drilling jobs are for all those who are looking for a sense of adventure coupled with a large payout. The offshore jobs related to the drilling of oil from the seabed are one of the most physically demanding jobs available. This job however, also compensates handsomely to all those who opt for it. Drilling for oil is one of the most expensive businesses.
This industry calls for a comprehensive research for natural oil resources. There is no sure shot way of recognizing whether a possible oil reserve is large enough to set up a rig on. Therefore there are temporary rigs in the form of floaters which drill into the seabed and then assess the financial viability of setting up a permanent station for the extraction of oil.
The job requires geologists and oceanographers alike. In fact the oil extraction program is one of those programs which involve the best of experts from a variety of fields to establish. The marine biologist and the geologists look for the possibility of oil, then the engineers and sailors rig that source and then the viability of establishing a permanent rig is considered. This is why this is one of the highest paying jobs as well, as the rewards are immense.
Other offshore job Links
- SSIS Developer
- Research Associate I, II, or III
- IT Cloud Specialist (Entry Level)
- Ordinary Seaman / OS / Deck Hand
- Data Analytics Associate
- Well Test Field Engineer Trainee
- MSBI Developer
- QA Analyst
- Learning Coordinator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Logistics Coordinator
- Human Resources Development Assistant
- Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of Product Development
- Legal Counsel
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Principal Technology Solutions Manager
- Marketing Intelligence Business Analyst
- Entry Level QA/Validation Analyst
- Offshore Medic - NEBOSH IGC