The offshore drilling jobs are for all those who are looking for a sense of adventure coupled with a large payout. The offshore jobs related to the drilling of oil from the seabed are one of the most physically demanding jobs available. This job however, also compensates handsomely to all those who opt for it. Drilling for oil is one of the most expensive businesses.
This industry calls for a comprehensive research for natural oil resources. There is no sure shot way of recognizing whether a possible oil reserve is large enough to set up a rig on. Therefore there are temporary rigs in the form of floaters which drill into the seabed and then assess the financial viability of setting up a permanent station for the extraction of oil.
The job requires geologists and oceanographers alike. In fact the oil extraction program is one of those programs which involve the best of experts from a variety of fields to establish. The marine biologist and the geologists look for the possibility of oil, then the engineers and sailors rig that source and then the viability of establishing a permanent rig is considered. This is why this is one of the highest paying jobs as well, as the rewards are immense.
Other offshore job Links
- IMMEDIATE OPENINGS - Offshore Oil and Gas Production A Operators
- Project Manager 1
- Maintenance Consultant
- Validation lead
- Scheduler / Cost Analyst
- Offshore Wireline Operator
- Associate Analyst (Entry Level)
- RPA Process Analyst
- NDT Technician/Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Consultant, Customer & Marketing, Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
- Audio Engineer
- Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries (Tampa Bay) Field Technician
- Administrative Assistant
- Junior Hydrographer
- Project Planner
- Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Product Specialist, Emerging Markets Opportunities
- Recovery Technician
- Fisheries Biologists
- Temporary - Electromechanical Assembler - 5 Openings