The US, specifically the areas off the coast of Texas, California and Louisiana all account for a large portion of the word’s offshore oil. Oil fields in the seabed near California have been producing between 35000 and 65000 barrels of oil a day, making it an extremely lucrative and profitable location. Its proximity to the mainland also enhances its appeal. The most well known oil fields in the region are The Ellwoood Oil Field and the Dos Cuadras Field.
The Gulf of Mexico, which comprises the area off the coasts of Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi accounts for over 25% of the US oil production. The region produces about 500 million barrels of oil each year and this is only expected to increase as new sites within the area emerge. The most notable oil fields in the Gulf of Mexico are the Atlantis Oil Field and the Tiber Oilfield. Interestingly the eastern portion of the Gulf, the coast of Florida has never been known or considered to contain oil reserves.
The Pacific Northwest and the East coast of the United States, specifically the regions off the coast of Washington, Oregon and Alaska have also been known for their oil producing properties. However they have turned out to be not as lucrative as the areas just up the coast of Canada where oil production has been more successful.
The Great Lakes of the United States are also excellent reserves of crude oil however so far only Michigan has permitted offshore oil drilling in their state. Canada on the other hand has allowed for a substantial amount of oil exploration in their portion of the Great Lakes making this an excellent offshore drilling location for job seekers.
Other offshore job Links
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- Assistant Production Manager
- Galley Hand
- Associate Software Engineer
- Marine Technician/Oceanographer – Bothell, WA
- USCG Captain/Marine Technician – Bothell, WA
- Supply Chain Analyst, Business Intelligence
- Utility Hand
- Offshore Cooks & Galley Hands
- International Banking Specialist
- Entry Level - Warehouse Associate
- Data Analyst
- Asset Management Funds - External Client Advisor, Offshore Channel, Western Territory,Vice President
- Business Analyst With Abinitio /Teradata SQL
- Project Manager
- Offshore Rigger
- Analyst/Associate, Corporate Development
- Recovery Technician
- Human Resources Assistant
- Rigger Helper