One of the most popular offshore jobs is offshore drilling. This means the establishment and development of oil and natural resources for commercial usage. The term describes drilling underwater and most of the times bring to mind the oil rigs in the middle of ocean.
However, the offshore jobs that involve offshore drilling do not only mean that the drilling will be done in the middle of the ocean. It essentially entails that the drilling and the extraction of oil and natural gas products not on land but off the coasts. The rigging, development and extraction of oil and natural gas in inland seas and lakes also are described in the same manner.
Therefore the term is loosely used to describe the drilling underwater only. The probability of rich oil reserves found underwater are considerably higher owing to the fact that the fossilized remains of prehistoric plants and animals being found there is minimal.
The pressure of the water ensures that all the flora and fauna gets converted into oil. Therefore when oil is struck underwater, it is assumed that the reserves will be large and this is why the offshore drilling is commercially viable. The profit margins are huge under the given circumstances.
Other offshore job Links
- IMMEDIATE OPENINGS - Offshore Oil and Gas Production A Operators
- Project Manager 1
- Maintenance Consultant
- Validation lead
- Scheduler / Cost Analyst
- Offshore Wireline Operator
- Associate Analyst (Entry Level)
- RPA Process Analyst
- NDT Technician/Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Consultant, Customer & Marketing, Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
- Audio Engineer
- Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries (Tampa Bay) Field Technician
- Administrative Assistant
- Junior Hydrographer
- Project Planner
- Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Product Specialist, Emerging Markets Opportunities
- Recovery Technician
- Fisheries Biologists
- Temporary - Electromechanical Assembler - 5 Openings