The four vessels described above are the most common types of offshore rigs and most leading drilling companies have a mixed fleet containing at least 3 to 5 of each. When you join the oil extraction industry, it is a good idea to try and gain experience in each of the different types of vessels so that your expertise is diverse and your skills become versatile.
Another important consideration is where you fit best into an oil rig’s crew and the next chapter, which talks about the different roles on an oil rig, throws some light on that.
Other offshore job Links
- MS ACCESS / VBA DEVELOPER
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- BI Report Developer
- Data Analyst
- Digital Commerce Project Manager (US)
- Supply Chain Analyst, Business Intelligence
- UX Developer - Entry Level
- Client Services Associate
- ENTRY LEVEL UI DEVELOPER
- SAP ABAP Developer S4 HANA (First 2 months on-site, then remote)
- Human Resources Assistant
- Schifffahrtskaufmann / Kaufmann für Spedition und Logistikdienstleistung (w/m/d) Klarierung
- Remote QA Coding Auditor - Multi Specialty
- UI Developer - Entry Level
- Offshore Rigger
- Service Technician
- Logistics Analyst
- Offshore Utility Worker
- Junior Project Manager -- Needed!
- Administrative Assistant