Green, 39, works with wire line used to lower and retrieve tools and other equipment in oil and gas wells.
Green is not a two-weeks on, two-weeks off shift worker, but works on projects, staying offshore for as few as three days and as long as six weeks.
Green is not affiliated with the Deepwater Horizon, a $500 million rig that caught fire Tuesday night. The rig is owned and operated by Swiss-based Transocean and leased by Houston’s BP.
Green spoke to Chronicle reporter Brian Rogers about general conditions on offshore oil wells.
Read more at: Chron
Other offshore job Links
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- Assistant Production Manager
- Galley Hand
- Associate Software Engineer
- Marine Technician/Oceanographer – Bothell, WA
- USCG Captain/Marine Technician – Bothell, WA
- Supply Chain Analyst, Business Intelligence
- Utility Hand
- Offshore Cooks & Galley Hands
- International Banking Specialist
- Entry Level - Warehouse Associate
- Data Analyst
- Asset Management Funds - External Client Advisor, Offshore Channel, Western Territory,Vice President
- Business Analyst With Abinitio /Teradata SQL
- Project Manager
- Offshore Rigger
- Analyst/Associate, Corporate Development
- Recovery Technician
- Human Resources Assistant
- Rigger Helper