What is an offshore job? The answer to this question varies in different aspects depending on two factors; the most common definition across the globe being working away from the mainland either in an oil rig or gas rig. The other definition may be working in an island that is not your country of residence. Offshore oil and gas jobs are becoming common across the globe each and every year. Soon we may see the offshore oil and gas jobs surpassing the popularity of finance and IT jobs.
Offshore oil and gas salaries
Offshore oil and gas jobs pay way much more than the same level jobs on onshore companies. A welder in an offshore company definitely earns more than a welder in an onshore oil drilling company. The same applies to other support positions like mechanics and electricians.
Most offshore oil and gas workers need to be people with a lot of guts, brains and to cup it all physical strength and this is very rare to find. This high demand for labor in the industry with little supply makes employers pay high salaries to their employees. Another contributing factor to the high pay in the industry is the fact that these offshore oil and gas rigs are considered to be dangerous as you are highly exposed to natural calamities like storms and earthquakes.
There are also instances when offshore oil and gas rigs have caught fire due to leaks. You may also get tax exemptions due to risks and hardships you are exposed to when on duty.
- Test Development Engineer
- Offshore Rigger
- Project Leader-Infotainment-US
- RPA Developer
- Utility Hand (Offshore Catering Dept)
- Service Technician
- Administrative Assistant
- Offshore Pipe Fitter
- Engineer (Mechanical)
- Operations Analyst
- Remote Admissions Consultant for Texas Medical Schools
- Hydrographer – Bothell, WA/ East Coast, U.S
- Systems Development, Integration & Operations, Integration Delivery
- Human Resources Development Assistant
- Offshore Safety Representative
- Senior Renewable Energy Engineer/Consultant - Wind
- Dive Operations Internship
- Windows Administrator, 2nd Shift
- HVAC/Refrigeration Service Tech