KCA Deutag is one of the largest international drilling operations providers in the world. It has 31 projects under operation across the globe. It owns and operates a high-quality fleet of 77 drilling rigs worldwide, out of which 46 are in the Middle East, making it one of the region’s biggest drilling rig owner and operator. Its systems vary from highly mobile devices to wide platforms that can dig expanded wells. It is also critical to note that its consumers are profiting by KCA’s integrating operations with Bentec, RDS and DART’s country-class services. Bentec is one of the world’s largest drilling rigs and Oilfield equipment manufacturer. Bentec produces and provides high-quality, cost-effective and reliable drilling and Oilfield equipment for rigs capable of operating in extreme environments. Following are some facts about KCA Deutag:
Annual Revenue: 1,262.6 Million Pounds
Number of Employees: 9000
- KCA Deutag’s history dates back to 1888 when it was established in Germany by the entrepreneur Heinrich Lappem. The first VRT at Weitze was drilled by the company in 1905 and was renamed Deutsche Tiefbohr Aktiengesellschaft-Deutag in 1919 before the 20th of the year.
- In 1940, it marked many dangerous times for Deutag, as the fall of Germany resulted in the loss of its Aschersleben assets and all outlets in East Germany and Eastern Europe.
- Deutag established its headquarters in Bad Bentheim again in 1946, with little facilities remaining, allowing the company to take advantage of the opportunity to develop in neighboring Oil and Gas fields.
- During the 1950s, the 20th century. Deutag grew rapidly-commissioned orders across Europe and expanded its drilling and training operations to Libya. In 1957, KCA Drilling was founded in Scotland.
- During the next 25 years, KCA and Deutag continued to develop and expand their assets and areas of activity, operating in North Africa, the Netherlands, Oman, Qatar, and Brunei, continuing to expand further into the North Sea.
- KCA secured its first North Sea offshore platform service contract for BP in 1974, establishing itself as a major player in the fields of the North Sea.
- In the field of maintenance and repair, Bentec formed from Deutag and became a completely independent corporation in 1994. This has allowed the business to grow into platform development.
- KCA Deutag started in 2001 when Deutag combined with KCA Drilling. KCA Deutag ProSafe Drilling was purchased by the group in 2004, increasing its presence in Norway. RDS was also purchased this year, which improved the group’s design and engineering capabilities.
- KCA Deutag purchased Dalma Energy LLC Oman and Saudi Arabia companies in April 2018, cementing its status as one of the Middle East’s largest international drilling rig owners and operators.
- Currently working in about 20 countries, in some of the hardest conditions in the world, KCA Deutag continues to build on the legacy of the founding companies from where their story began.
Over the years, the company has won major contracts worldwide, including multimillion-dollar contracts in Libya and a multimillion-euro contract in France. It operates around the world in more than 20 countries. It has 61 land platforms and 39 offshore platforms with a long tradition throughout its operations. KCA Deutag is one of the world’s leading contractors for inland and marine exploration and construction, concentrating on security, reliability and organizational efficiency in:
- Europe for more than 100 years
- Libya for more than 50 years
- Oman for more than 40 years
- Russia for more than 10 years
- Nigeria for more than 15 years
KCA Deutag had set up a base in Iraq in 2010 and relocated to the country for the first time since the 1980s. KCA Deutag has its own facilities and construction accommodation team (Riccardo Carlo And Aston Carlsson, RDS) with 500 staff and 30 years of industry experience. The latest contract was awarded to KCA/RDS by the United Nations. In 2009, RDS allegedly received a deal for the development of drilling facilities for BP’s Clair Ridge.
KCA’s creative and thrilling engineering toolkit includes:
- +veDRILL TurnRight
- +veDRILL Insight
- Intelligent Analytics Driving Operational Performance
- +veDRILL Enhance
- KCA Deutag CheckIt App
- Active Monitoring App
- eTRIC App
- iWork pages App
- DART Training
- +veDRILL Maintain
- Condition Based Monitoring
- +veDRILL Design
- VR Rig Models
- +veDRILL Future
- Smart Fluid End
- Top Drive
- Offline Stand Builder
- BOP Test Skid
- Crewless Drillfloor
- Power Jaws
Products and Services:
List of products and services that the company and its partners together provide include:
- Petroleum Natural Gas
- Motor fuels Aviation fuels
- Drilling rigs
- Oil and Gas Extraction
- Engineering Design
- Oilfield service
- Speed rigs
- KCAs success over 18 months in Iraq enabled them to drill one more onshore well at no extra cost.
- In Oman, on bottom time, for more than 100 wells and 48 months, rigs with their latest technologies were delivered with up to 8% more parts.
- The groups Trouble-free drilling operations generated operational efficiency savings of $41 Million on one offshore rig.
- For the second time in 2010, the organization was given a Queens Prize for Business in the division of International Trade.
Countries of Operation:
KCA Deutag’s headquarter is in Aberdeen. Nevertheless, it also operates many offices in the following 7 regions:
- The Middle East
- The Caspian region
- North and West Africa
- Asia &
LINKS TO JOBS AT KCA DEUTAG’S
- HSEQ Superintendent / UK/Offshore BU
- Boredekksarbeider / Offshore
- Kranfører / Offshore
- Vedlikeholdsingeniør / Espehaugen/Bergen
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore