Fluor is one of the worlds largest manufacturing, construction, and maintenance companies. It provides new EPC services to the government and the private sector. For more than a century, customers have been expecting Fluor to be effective and to complete their capital projects professionally and securely. It is a company that, through its subsidiaries, facilitates development and policy building in Oil and Gas sector. It holds 164th position in the Fortune 500 list of companies. Following are some facts about Flour:
Annual Revenue: 19.166 Billion U.S Dollars
Number of Employees: 53,000
Founded in: 1912
- The predecessor of the Fluor Corporation, Rudolph Fluor & Brother, was founded as a saw and paper mill in 1890 by John Simon Fluor and his two brothers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- In 1903 the company was renamed to Fluor Bros. Construction Co.
- In 1912, John Fluor shifted to Santa Ana, California, and founded Fluor Corporation under the name Fluor Construction Company out of his garage.
- 1924 the company had an annual income of $100,000 and a payroll of 100.
- In 1930, Fluor started its operation in Australia and the Middle East.
- In 1948 distribution of Flour was built in Houston. After some time the firm was shifted to Alhambra, an inner suburb of Los Angeles.
- In 1950 the Flour was announced on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1961 Fluor captured interest as a development, design and contracting firm.
- In 1967 Flour diversified its employment more broadly.
- In 1968 it established Fluor Ocean Services in Houston and started interest in fossil fuel operations in the 1970s.
- In 1972, Fluor bought land in Irvine, California, and began to build a new headquarters there.
- In1980s, Fluor constructed major refineries, petrochemical plants, Oil pipelines, and other Gas and Oil facilities.
- In 1984, the company was sold-out in $750 million with Fluor’s headquarters in Irvine. Employment was reduced to 14,000 from 32,000.
- Later on, Fluor was named as America’s largest construction and engineering firm.
- In 1999, nearly 5000 workers left the firm and 15 offices were closed. Later on, the company re-structured four business groups as an engineering and construction firm called Fluor Daniel; an equipment rental, staffing, and telecommunications division called Fluor Global Services.
- In 2005, Fluor’s headquarters were relocated to Irving, Texas, Las Colinas region.
- In 2015, Fluor announced that the Dutch industrial products company would take over.
- David Seaton, who joined the firm in 2007, stepped down as CEO in May 2019 and was replaced by Carlos Hernandez.
Flour provides services through its subsidiaries. It also produces goods for pollution control, such as the Econamine range of items for carbon capture. Nuclear disposal and other such programs are also carried out by the company.
The company’s services mainly fall under the following categories:
The design of technology includes architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural engineering, as well as specialized services such as analysis, enterprise management, digital manufacturing systems, and immersive 3D and 4D modeling. The company’s offerings include:
- Advanced Process Modeling
- Construction-Driven Execution
- Design Capabilities
- Project Management &
- Other Engineering Services
The company has expertise in corporate sourcing, market knowledge, and global supply chain networks and thus, it delivers the best value for its client’s capital investments. The purchasing department oversees an annual global investment of more than $16 billion in hardware, products, and facilities by tactical sourcing, inventory control, project management and logistics. It uses latest Supplier & Contractor Registry system to achieve top results.
The company’s Technical experts are constantly searching for ways to streamline methods of project delivery. Highly sophisticated Fabrication solutions are adopted by the company to improve feasibility across all industries for some of the most challenging project conditions. Sectors for which the company develop production lines include:
- Mining & Metals
- Life Sciences and
- Advanced Manufacturing
The energy sales and a broad range of diversified services and sectors, leverage the construction services provided by the company. Fluor also explores or tests new products by initially renting them out. Services it provides include:
- Commissioning & Turnover
- Construction Execution
- Construction Services
- Modular Construction
- Management services:
In order to reduce its susceptibility to market changes in the Oil and Gas market, the company diversified by offering its construction and engineering services to other 30 industries like food, paper, etc.. Nevertheless, Flour also provides services to manage different departments in a company, for example:
- Asset Life-Cycle Solutions
- Equipment Manufacturing & Repair
- Plant Engineering Services
- Power Services
- Staffing Resources
Countries of Operation:
The company is headquartered in Irving, Texas. Other countries in which Flour operates include:
- Dominican Republic
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom &
- United States
LINKS TO JOBS AT FLUOR CORPORATION
- QA/QC Engineer (Mechanical)
- Senior Mechanical Static Engineer
- Medior Process Engineer
- Piping Designer
- Piping (Lead) Engineer
- Document Controller
- Civil Structural Designer
- Civil Structural Engineer
- Junior Civil Structural Designer
- Senior Piping Designer
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore