China Oilfield Services (COSL) is a mining and metal company based in Langfang. It is a subsidiary of the Chinese state company CNOOC Group. It buys offshore vessels (OSV) and uses them in Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Central Asia, in its offshore CNOOC projects. It also operates in Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Caspian Sea. The company is divided into four categories:
- Geophysical exploration services
- Drilling services
- Technical services on Oil fields
- Shipping services
COSL enjoys major market shares in the following markets:
- 95% of China’s offshore drilling services market.
- 70% of the shipping support and transport market.
- 60% of the Well survey services market.
- 50% of the seismic data collection market.
Following are some important facts about the company:
Headquarters: Beijing, China
Annual Revenue: 21,886.6 Million Pound sterling
Number of Employees: Approx. 10000
- In 1982 the Council of Ministers approved China’s national Oil company Offshore Oil Corporation as a national Oil company and had the exclusive right to cooperate in the exploitation of Oil and Gas Activities in the Chinese seas.
- In 2001 China National Offshore Oil Corporation merged five companies involved in drilling, Oil well services, and Oil geophysical exploration into China Oilfield Services.
- The China National Offshore Oil Corporation merged two shipping and resupply companies. It merged CNOOC Southern Ship Co. and Northern Ship Co. Ltd. into one company.
- In 2002 Zhonghai Oilfield Service Company officially registered as a limited liability company by shares.
- Zhonghai Oilfield Services Co. was successfully listed in Hong Kong.
- In 2004 the shares of China Oilfield Services Co., Ltd. started trading on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of first-rate U.S. certificates of deposit. In 2007 China Oilfield Services Co. Ltd. was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- In 2008 China Oilfield Services Co., Ltd. successfully acquired Awilco Offshore ASA
- China Oilfield publicly issued H shares on November 20 and was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- COSL was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange on September 28.
Services provided by the company:
COSL has teams of outstanding experts, drilling supervisors and technicians who have many years of experience in the field, which can provide strong technical support and guarantee integrated services. List of its services include:
- Budget planning
- Drilling platform towing
- Completion fluids
- Directional wells
- Production increase
- Material transportation
- Platform guarding
- Staff shift
- Oil spill response
- Waste disposal
COSL integrates its services with the following companies for CNOOC:
- Danwen Energy
- British Super standard
- Husky &
- Rock Oil
Types of Rigs the company specializes in:
- Offshore drilling platform rig
- Marine module drilling rig
- Land rig
Other Main Operations and Equipment:
It mainly operates and manages the following:
- 57 drilling equipment
- 12 semi-submersible drilling platforms
- 3 living platforms
- 6 sets of modular drilling rigs
- 430 sets of advanced logging
- Directional wells
- Cementing and Workover
- Logging while Drilling
- Rotary steering
COSL service area covers Chinese waters and extends to six regions in the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, America, Europe, Africa, and the Far East. It works in more than 40 countries and regions of the world. It participated in marine engineering studies and completed studies of more than 240 offshore Oil and Gas field development projects, and examined more than 1,700 well sites.
LINKS TO JOBS AT CHINA OIlFIELD SERVICES
- Assistant Driller
- Chief Electrician
- Crane Operator Assistant
- ERO – Engine Room Operator
- Safety Officer
- Subsea Mechanic
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore