President Barack Obama’s announcement Thursday that work at 33 deepwater drilling operations would be suspended immediately was like sealing the region’s economic death from the ongoing oil plume gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. This affects many offshore jobs.
Sixteen companies have operations that will be affected by the six-month shutdown, including Shell, Chevron, BP, Marathon, Eni, Petrobras, Hess and LLOG Exploration, a Metairie-based division of Hess.
After oil prices crashed in 1999, deepwater drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico didn’t really get going again until 2004.
Other offshore job Links
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- Technical Architect
- Governmental Affairs Representative
- Junior Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Logistics Coordinator
- ENTRY LEVEL UI DEVELOPER
- Offshore Utility Worker
- Human Resources Assistant
- Entry Level Developer
- Client Services Associate
- Remote QA Coding Auditor - Multi Specialty
- Jr. Developer
- Software Developer
- Service Technician
- Food Prep Worker - Offshore - Pioneer Natural Resources Midland
- Junior Software Engineer
- Water Quality Technician
- Human Resources Development Assistant
- Offshore Rigger
- UI Developer - Entry Level