President Barack Obama’s announcement Thursday that work at 33 deepwater drilling operations would be suspended immediately was like sealing the region’s economic death from the ongoing oil plume gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. This affects many offshore jobs.
Sixteen companies have operations that will be affected by the six-month shutdown, including Shell, Chevron, BP, Marathon, Eni, Petrobras, Hess and LLOG Exploration, a Metairie-based division of Hess.
After oil prices crashed in 1999, deepwater drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico didn’t really get going again until 2004.
Other offshore job Links
- IMMEDIATE OPENINGS - Offshore Oil and Gas Production A Operators
- Validation lead
- Project Manager 1
- Senior Maintenance Consultant
- Quality Engineer
- RPA Process Analyst
- Temporary - Electromechanical Assembler - 3 Openings
- Mechanical Engineer
- Entry Level Software Position - WEB UI
- Entry Level Software Position - Dotnet/.net
- Offshore Wireline Operator
- Maintenance Consultant
- Import and Export Operation Specialist
- Offshore Wind and Submarine Cable Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts
- IBM IIB Consultant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Logistics Assistant
- Project Planner
- Administrative Assistant
- RPA Developer Blueprism - Robotics Process Automation