President Barack Obama’s announcement Thursday that work at 33 deepwater drilling operations would be suspended immediately was like sealing the region’s economic death from the ongoing oil plume gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. This affects many offshore jobs.
Sixteen companies have operations that will be affected by the six-month shutdown, including Shell, Chevron, BP, Marathon, Eni, Petrobras, Hess and LLOG Exploration, a Metairie-based division of Hess.
After oil prices crashed in 1999, deepwater drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico didn’t really get going again until 2004.
Other offshore job Links
- Field Technician
- Electromechanical Assembler - Temporary
- Marine Technician/Oceanographer – Bothell, WA
- Mobile Application Architect
- Director, Training Development & Management
- Enterprise Technical Lead
- Research Assistant III/Senior Research Assistant/Research Associate I, II, or III
- IT Cloud Specialist (Entry Level)
- Systems Engineer
- Utility Hand
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Controls Systems Design Engineer
- Software Developer
- Offshore Superintendent
- Data Analyst / Engineer
- Senior Safety Coordinator
- Senior Manager Proposals
- Entry level python developer
- Account Specialist
- Admin Assistant