President Barack Obama’s announcement Thursday that work at 33 deepwater drilling operations would be suspended immediately was like sealing the region’s economic death from the ongoing oil plume gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. This affects many offshore jobs.
Sixteen companies have operations that will be affected by the six-month shutdown, including Shell, Chevron, BP, Marathon, Eni, Petrobras, Hess and LLOG Exploration, a Metairie-based division of Hess.
After oil prices crashed in 1999, deepwater drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico didn’t really get going again until 2004.
Other offshore job Links
- Offshore Medic
- RPA Process Analyst
- Senior Software Engineer - Tech
- Mechanical Engineer
- NOC Service Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Electromechanical Assembler - Temporary
- HSE Medic
- Sr Alfresco Developer
- Optical Hardware Engineer, Nest
- Administrative Assistant, Store
- Principal Data Engineer
- Development Geoscientist - Zama
- Sr. QA Automation Engineer / SDET
- Trainee Supervisory
- SQL DBA Developer
- Software Engineer - Automation Testing
- Project Manager
- Human Resources Assistant
- Office Assistant