Weatherford provides a wide range of products and services to the Oil and Gas industry. Its services include drilling, automated well estimation, control, completion, development, and assessment. It has developed directional drilling service that can work with great precision through miles of bedrock. Also its tubular running services are used in about half of the deep-water mining projects worldwide. The company has installed sand display systems globally and has worked on more than 100,000 wells around the world.
In addition to pipeline pre-commissioning, the company runs one of the world’s most expensive fleets of inline inspection equipment. It also provides construction, completion and decommissioning services to well owners. Following are some important facts about the company.
Headquarters: Baar, Switzerland
Annual Revenue: 9.433 billion U.S Dollars
Number of Employees: 30,000
- In 1972 Energy Ventures, Inc. was formed as a separate offshore Gas and Oil Exploration and Production company.
- In 1987 Energy Ventures was liquidated and revived. Grant Oil Country Tubular Business was purchased in 1990.
- In 1998 the renaming of EVI, Inc. and Weatherford Enterra, Inc. combined Energy Ventures, Establishing today’s company known as Weatherford.
- In 2005, Weatherford purchased the Precision Energy Services and International Contract Drilling branches of Precision Drilling Company together with the closing of a $7.8 billion contract with Sonsale Petroleum.
- The company announced in 2008 that it would change its place of origin from Bermuda to Switzerland.
- In 2016, Weatherford announced the departure of Bernard J. Duroc-Danner, Chairman of the Board, Chairman and CEO. It also confirmed the selection of Robert Rayne as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Krishna Shivram as Chief Executive Officer.
- In 2017, Weatherford confirmed the selection of Mark A. McCollum as President and Chief Executive Officer of the organization
Products and Services:
Weatherford has unique expertise in managing complex projects. It offers the following services to its customers worldwide:
- Formation Evaluation:
Company’s skilled technicians and industry-leading software support, helps in gathering, analyzing and integrating information on learning assessment to determine the optimum training goal.
The company also set the stage for a lifetime of growth. From HPHT deepwater wells to the shallow unconventional pore-pressure wells, it has careful planning, professional technology, and exclusive drilling techniques to help customers optimize reservoir exposure safely. The revolutionary cementing and liner systems are then leveraged to create life-of-well reliability which ensures years of stable growth.
The well is too critical to settle for a modern application without updated old completion software. Weatherford is sure to offer new completion engineering with a complete consultative method on land and underwater, traditional and unorthodox. Its field-proven portfolio can minimize costs, reduce risks, and optimize production for any completion.
- Tubular Running Services:
Through each phase of tubular running operation, the company concentrates on well integrity, security and efficiency. With over 60 years of expertise and a range spanning from traditional hardware to sophisticated mechanized rig systems, Weatherford is equipped to develop cost-saving strategies and provide high-quality products to resolve every drilling situation.
- Rigs and Equipment:
With more than 60 years of contract drilling experience, Weatherford provides a fleet of land rigs, which deliver high drilling performance, operational excellence, and first-class protection on key Oil and Gas markets around the world. It also provides a complete range of capital equipment — for controlled stress mining, tubular walking, well-service, etc..
Other important services that the company provides include:
- Rental Tools and Services
- Diversified Oilfield Services
- Production and Intervention of Oil and Natural Gas wells
- Pipeline Construction and Commissioning
Mission and Vision:
Weatherford’s goal is to be an incident-free company and meet its client obligations. It is committed to ensure the company’s health and organization performance at all grades. Everything the company does, is an essential part of its culture.
The company’s mission is to provide its clients with excellent products. Its overall performance in service quality was enhanced gradually. The company recorded a year-over-year 22 percent reduction in NPT per 1,000 hours of operation.
Following are the core values on which the company depends:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Discipline and Accountability
- Flawless Execution
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Innovation and Technology leadership
- Commitment to Sustainability
Countries of Operation:
The company works in over 90 countries in strategically positioned sites to represent its customers worldwide. Some of those countries are:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Kenya &
LINKS TO JOBS AT WEATHERFORD
- SERVICE TECHNICIAN
- FIELD PERSONNEL SUPERVISOR
- PROJECT MANAGER P&A
- SENIOR OPERATIONS ENGINEER
- LABORATORY ENGINEER
- RAP REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
- Performance Drilling Tools Technician
- Customer Service Specialist
- PROJECT COORDINATOR
- ADMIN COORDINATOR
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore