Diamond Offshore Drilling is an offshore drilling contractor. It offers contract drilling services to the energy industry, worldwide. It has a combined fleet of 15 offshore drilling rigs, comprising of 11 semi-submersibles and 4 strategically placed drills.
Main chunk of the company’s revenue in 2017, was collected from its four main customers. Following are their names and percentage of Diamond’s revenue that can be associated with them:
- Anadarko Petroleum – 24.9%
- Petrobras – 18.9%
- Hess – 16.0% &
- BP – 15.8%
On the other hand, operations outside of the U.S., accounted for 58% of the company’s 2016 income. Following are some more facts about the company:
Headquarters: Texas, United States
Annual Revenue: 1.485 Billion U.S Dollars
Number of Employees: 2,500 (approximately)
- Zapata Petroleum Corp. was an Oil exploration and production business founded by a group of young entrepreneurs in western Texas in the early 1950s, including George H.W Bush, John Overbey, J.Hugh Liedtke.
- In the 1960s, Brewster-Bartle, an onshore drilling firm filed default papers.
- In 1964 Don McMahon bought Brewster-Bartle from his bank and established Diamond M Drilling Company, named after Diamond M Acres, which then continued to drill offshore.
- In 1970, Diamond M was converted into a public company.
- In 1977, the organization was bought by Kaneb Services for $102 million.
- In 1989, the corporation was captured by Loews Group for $48.5 million.
- In 1992 Diamond M Company purchased ODECO for $358 million from Murphy Oil. After some time, it becomes Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. in 1993, Diamond M Corp. temporarily changed its name to Diamond M-ODECO Drilling Inc..
- In 1995, through an initial public offering, the company once again became a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Offshore diamond purchased arethusa Ltd. with inventory in 1996, growing the company’s ownership to 54%.
- In 2012, Hyundai Heavy Industries purchased a $655 million drillship.
- In 2013 all the barge, deck, and land rigs purchased in the earlier deal were obtained, culminating in over fleet standing at 49 vessels, including 32 semis, 13 jack-up rigs, and 4 dynamically placed drill boats.
- In 2016, the company canceled the payment of a quarterly cash dividend. The firm was removed from the S&P 500 Index.
- All the barge, bridge, and land rigs purchased in the previous deal were sold in 2019 and new semi-submersibles were acquired.
- Deepwater Drilling:
The company has built five ultra-deepwater rigs from the actual mid-water frame. They are named as:
- Ocean Confidence
- Ocean Baroness
- Ocean Rover
- Ocean Endeavor &
- Ocean Monarch
Its fleets advancement of five ultra-deep-water rigs, two ultra-deep-water acquisitions, and seven new deep-water and ultra-deep-water platforms have enabled Diamond to increase its market share and align itself with its clients expanding demand for deeper waters.
- Ultra-deepwater Drillships:
Upon its customers’ request, the company decided to build up four new ultra-deepwater drillships, mainly to facilitate its customers and broaden its asset base. These drillships are now called:
- Ocean BlackHawk
- Ocean BlackHornet
- Ocean BlackRhino
- Ocean BlackLion
Countries of Operation:
The company is headquartered in the United States and has major operations in:
- North America
- Europe &
Vision and Value
The company likes to delegate powers to responsible posts and respect life in general. It provides fresh aspects to what to expect and overcome complicated deep-water problems and how to minimize their effect on the lives and health of its workers.
Company also tries to maintain a clear vision, as to where it will be in another five to ten years. It sees a future in which the shallowest oceans comfortably provide sustainable and unlimited power.
The Company provides the following services:
- Stack-View Service:
Stack-View system is configurable and is able to combine possible measurements of BOP safety and progress with its Sim-Stack product and BOP error checking server. These technologies will provide a holistic view of the safety of a BOP as well as past and future results, helping Diamond to switch to condition-based servicing in order to cut down costs and improving the quality of subsea equipment.
- Blockchain Drilling:
Baseline Blockchain drilling platform provides operators with a cloud-based, immutable platform, available through planning, achievement and production phases, from any web-enabled device, to develop well-structured activities from the procurement stage. It works through steps of monitoring, scheduling, and maximizing wells and provides capability to control expenditures, avoid duplication, enhance procedures, and better align the stakeholders. Baseline Blockchain drilling platform consists of five modules:
- Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
- Well Planner
- Spend Monitor
- Dynamic Critical Path
- Performance Tracker
Using a highly practical and dynamic digital twin of a BOP device, the Sim-Stack service provides advanced simulation, assimilation, and information fusion technology, which in effect utilizes it to collaborate with key stakeholders to boost efficiency, minimize non-productive time, and reduce deep-water drilling costs.
LINKS TO JOBS AT DIAMOND OFFSHORE
- Accounting Assistant
- Drilling Superintendent – AUS
- Assistant Manager Support Services
- Quality Engineer
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore