Saipem is an Italian subcontractor, serving Oil and Gas industry. Previously it was a subsidiary of the Italian energy company Eni, which held about 30% of Saipem’s shares until 2016. It is responsible for the design and construction of several pipelines, including Blue Stream, Greenstream, Nord Stream and South Stream. It offers Offshore and Onshore construction and drilling services. The company installs underwater pipelines, fixed platforms and manages complete Onshore construction projects and conducts Oil drilling mainly in Italy, Algeria, Nigeria, and the Arabian Peninsula. It operates in the engineering and construction sectors. It provides professional engineering services to the Oil and Gas outsourcing services sector, both Onshore and Offshore. The company serves its customers internationally. Following are some facts about the company:
Headquarter: San Donato Milanese, Italy
Annual Revenue: 8.526 Billion Euros
Number of Employees: Approx. 32,000
Saipem was founded in 1957 as a service provider, following the merger of Snam Montaggi and a Drilling Contractor SAIP. In the 1960s, it began to provide services outside the Eni Group and in 1969 it began to operate independently. It specialized in Onshore pipelines, facility construction, and drilling. In 1963, it expanded to Offshore operations. Operations at sea began in the Mediterranean and were extended to the North Sea in 1972. They are serving in more than 70 countries and have 60 years of history.
- In 1984, Saipem was listed on the Milan Stock Exchange.
- In 2001, Saipem launched several acquisitions, which resulted in the acquisition of Bouygues Offshore Ltd.
- In 2002. Responded to the industry’s recent trend towards major EPC and EPCI Onshore projects, including those related to Gas monetization, difficult Oil development (heavy Oil, Oil sands, etc.) and strengthening its position in the Middle East.
- In 2002. Responded to the industry’s recent trend towards major Onshore EPC and EPCI projects, including those related to Gas monetization, the difficult development of Oil.
- In 2006, Saipem acquired and incorporated Snamprogetti.
Saipem has unique expertise in managing complex projects in challenging environments, remote areas, and deep water, particularly in the Oil and Gas sector. It has following 5 divisions:
- Offshore Engineering & Construction
- Onshore Engineering & Construction
- Offshore Drilling
- Onshore Drilling
Onshore services provided by the company include:
- Gas and Liquid
- Power and Gasification
- Oil and Gas Production and Treatment
Other services provided by the company are:
- Off-shore and On-shore projects
- Drilling rig
- FPSO operation
Thus, Saipem is one of the Oil and Gas industry’s rising turnkey contractors. It operates 50 ships for all underwater infrastructure and maintenance activities including exploration and building of tubes. It deals with big NOCs, including Saudi Aramco, ADNOC, and Sonatrach.
Countries of Operation:
It is currently operating in 60 countries including:
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Saipem comprises of approximately 90 companies worldwide.
- Saipem has been awarded a $1.8 billion contract to design and build two pipelines at the Kashagan site in the Caspian Sea.
- It has been awarded a $3 billion contract for the underwater development of the Egina field off the coast of Nigeria, which includes engineering, contracting, manufacturing, installation, and pre-commissioning of 52 km of Oil production lines and export pipeline flows, 80 km of umbilicals and docking and unloading systems.
Vision and Mission:
Saipem’s vision is to put the company at the service of creating value for its people’s better lives. It is working for development at the global level. It encourages the health and safety of people, respect for their rights, the protection of the environment and biodiversity, the efficient use of resources and quality of the services they provide.
LINKS TO JOBS AT SAIPEM
- BUYER EXPERT E&C OFFSHORE DIVISION
- ONSHORE DRILLING HR LABOUR COST & PLANNING
- JUNIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER
- XSIGHT PROJECT INFORMATION MANAGER
- XSIGHT COST CONTROLLER
- COST CONTROL & DIGITAL
- XSIGHT SENIOR MATERIALS ENGINEER
- PROCESS AND SYSTEM INNOVATOR DROF
- JUNIOR SYSTEM HSE ENGINEER
- XSIGHT LOSS PREVENTION ENGINEER
- Offshore Jobs at Baker Hughes
- Offshore Jobs at Valaris
- New Offshore Jobs at Stena Drilling
- Offshore Jobs at Petrofac
- New Offshore Jobs at Weatherford
- New Offshore Jobs at Transocean
- Offshore Jobs at KCA Deutag
- New Offshore Jobs at Saipem
- Offshore Jobs at China Oilfield Services
- New Offshore Jobs at Seadrill
- Offshore Jobs at Nabors Industries
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton Company
- Offshore Jobs at Nalco Champion (Ecolab)
- New Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering International
- Offshore Jobs at Intertek Group
- New Offshore Jobs at Civmec
- Offshore Jobs at WSP Global
- New Offshore Jobs at Parkland Fuel Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Lewis Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy