Shawcor is a leading global integrated energy services company that serves a range of businesses. It works for oil and gas, petrochemical, industrial, electrical, electronic, automotive and communications industries. With innovative technology-based products, equipment and technologies, it helps companies to keep their construction projects and activities running smoothly and specifically.
The company is specifically skilled in delivering services to the Oil and Gas pipeline market. It is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of pipe-coatings. It had $1.56 billion in revenue in 2017. Following are some other facts about the company:
Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada &
Houston, Texas, United States
Annual Revenue: $1.56 billion (2017)
Number of Employees: 6,000
- Shawcor was founded in rural Lambton County in the mid-20th century by Francis Shaw. It was originally a construction company, but eventually expanded to include pipeline coatings, cable TV, and many other businesses.
- Shaw Pipe Protection extended to the United States in the 1970s, engaged in several international projects and developed coatings for fusion bonded epoxy (FBE).
- In 1991, Shaw Pipeline Services was set up to market the internally developed girth weld inspection technology for ultrasonic pipelines.
- In 2000, in order to strengthen operations in the United States, Shaw Pipeline Services acquired radiographic inspection assets and business, from Edwards Pipeline Services.
- In 2002, Shawcor decided to go for 50 percent Joint Venture with Dresser Industries, rendering Bredero Shaw the only pipe coating company in the world that now operates Shawcor entirely.
- In 2003, Shawcor won a tube coating deal for the Ormen Lange Pipeline Project, the longest subsea pipeline in the world of 1,200 km.
- In 2006, Shawcor accomplished record income and net revenue from current operations.
- In 2008, Shawcor developed Flexpipe Systems Inc., the leading producer of elastic plastic tubes for oil and gas processing, heat, CO2 injection and other corrosive technologies.
- In 2010, Shawcor obtained a 40% interest in Socotherm S.p. A., a global oil and gas pipe-coating contractor.
- In 2013, Shawcor developed a 49 percent stake in the joint venture of Socotherm LaBarge that it had not previously held.
- In 2015, Shawcor’s overall combined sales reached a new high and for the first time topped $1.0 billion and acquired Dhatec, a leading manufacturer of tube logistics products and services.
- In 2016, Shawcor developed Lake Superior Engineering, a specialist pipeline and reputation management services business.
- In 2019, with the purchase of ZCL Xerxes, North America’s largest manufacturer of environment friendly fiberglass, reinforced underground plastic storage tanks for coal, water, sewage and Oil & Gas industries, Shawcor improved its structural technology.
Productions and Services:
- Pipe Coating Services
Shawcor works, on the development and maintenance of pipeline facilities across the world, with operators, contractors and pipe mills. It develops solutions, based on decades of experience, that adds flexibility, improve productivity and reduce costs through technical innovation, reliability and a proactive approach. Its lines of operations are:
- Field-Applied Coatings
- Pipe Coating
- Protection & Transportation
- Integrity Management Solutions
North America’s pipeline infrastructure has been expanding rapidly for over a century. Shawcor helps providers to safely expand pipeline networks, effectively repair them, and significantly reduce downtime associated with failure. The company knows how to solve pipeline problems, from pipeline failure analysis to integrity management challenges. Services it provides include:
- NDT And Inspection Services
- NDT Equipment & Systems
- Integrity Engineering Consulting Services
- Advanced Products and Supply
To deliver product offerings for a variety of construction and maintenance activities, Shawcor has integrated the skills, knowledge and product design of three industry leaders. Under the harshest environmental conditions, its materials have versatile solutions for preservation and strength. Pipelines with its coatings, offer higher performance and reliability worldwide.
- Oilfield Services
Shawcor provides a comprehensive range of value-added solutions for composite production systems and Oilfield asset management. With fully equipped field service staff readily available to work on client projects, its composite FlexPipe linepipe, delivers true end-to-end quality under any number of environmental conditions.
Vision and Mission:
For pipeline projects and services, Shawcor offers a range of expertise, technology and innovation. Its dedicated team offers knowledge, efficiency for project progress and resource quality. With 85 years of experience throughout the globe with mission-critical pipeline operations, its work speaks for itself. Some of its successful projects are:
- Nord Stream Project
- Electrohydraulic Project
- Tubular Asset Management Project
- New Well Flowline Project
- Martrade Storage System Project
- Stack Pipeline Project
- Mexican NOC Project
- Gasoducto Sur Peruano Pipeline (GSP) Project
- Black Gator Development Project
- Double H Pipeline Project
LINKS TO JOBS AT SHAWCOR
- Quality Control Specialist
- General Accountant
- Technical Services Supervisor
- Software Engineer
- Quality Site Radiation Officer(QRSO)
- Customer Billing Specialist
- Quality Site Radiation Officer(QRSO)
- Logistics Manager
- Product Engineer
- Electrical Design Technician
- Latest offshore opportunities in Chevron
- Latest Offshore Opportunities in John Wood Group
- Latest Offshore Job Opportunities at CEDA
- Current Offshore Job Vacancies at Welltec
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco