Most individuals find their offshore jobs on the Internet. All kinds of job vacancies within the oil rig industry are published online providing the job hunter with a variety of options to choose from. There are thousands of companies offering such positions whether directly on an oil rig or indirectly by providing the supplies required by drilling companies. If you have done your industry research well, you would be well informed on some of the leading institutions, their reputations and would have also formulated an opinion on where best you would like to work. Here are a few pitfalls you may want to avoid:
1. Ensure that you have the requisite qualifications, certifications and experience before you apply. Personnel departments don’t want to be bombarded with resumes of people who don’t meet their requirements in any way. You can actually end up getting blacklisted which will prevent any future prospects you may have.
2. Apply online if a choice is offered. Online applications are always more efficient, easy to retrieve and track than mailed ones so if both alternatives are presented to you, go for the Internet.
3. If you have any queries about the position, call the hiring organization and clarify them. There is no point in supplying incorrect and inaccurate data just because you don’t quite understand what is required. In addition, if your query relates to the role specifically, then a quick call is even more essential. The last thing you want is to be applying for something you aren’t that interested in.
4. There are a number of Internet scams offering offshore jobs so look out for these. Ensure that you correspond only with the known and established websites and always bear in mind that any site asking you to spend money in some way prior to securing a position is probably a con.
- Fullstack architect with Angular 2 experience
- Full stack Architect (Angular 2 experience)
- Senior ETL Architect/Developer (US Citizen/Green Card)
- Gulf of Mexico - Offshore Deepwater Production Operator
- Floorhand - Offshore
- Roustabout - Offshore
- Offshore Work Preparation Technician
- BI Reporting Developer
- Developer, IT
- Special Events Server
- Remote site Chef
- Experienced Offshore Deckhand
- Insurance Contract and Policy Analyst
- Gulf of Mexico - Offshore Mechanic
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Consultant (Only W2 No C2C No H1B)
- Director, Business Operations
- Angular 4 developer
- Specialist, Infrastructure Eng - Application Services Engineer