Of all the career choices associated with the term ‘Offshore’, definitely the most common relates to the global energy industry, also referred to as oil rigs, offshore drilling and the petroleum exploration industry. A career in this industry offers a wide range of opportunities in terms of roles and salary expectations. It is an exciting area in which to build your future and this chapter is devoted to keeping you abreast of all the possible roles you could explore.
Working on an oil rig involves a variety of roles directly or indirectly related to drilling for oil. Before embarking on this career choice, it is a good idea to understand the different types of jobs that exist so that you can focus your efforts on an area that best suits your interest and skill.
The roles on board a rig can be best understood with the help of the following diagram. Most of these are explained below along with the average salary details.
Other offshore job Links
- SSIS Developer
- Research Associate I, II, or III
- IT Cloud Specialist (Entry Level)
- Ordinary Seaman / OS / Deck Hand
- Data Analytics Associate
- Well Test Field Engineer Trainee
- MSBI Developer
- QA Analyst
- Learning Coordinator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Logistics Coordinator
- Human Resources Development Assistant
- Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of Product Development
- Legal Counsel
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Principal Technology Solutions Manager
- Marketing Intelligence Business Analyst
- Entry Level QA/Validation Analyst
- Offshore Medic - NEBOSH IGC