There is only one problem usually faced by most people when they are looking for offshore jobs. This problem is none other than lacking offshore work experience. The first question the interviewer asks (and this always presides any other questions like the position the applicant is applying for), is basically the one concerning one experience as an offshore employee. However, there shouldn’t be any need for worry as there is a very easy way of overcoming this setback. The good thing is that many people have shared such positions and have gone through them. Now – let’s find how they make it.
The best thing to do in this situation is to accurately point towards former work experience such that it maybe convincing proof of getting employed. Importantly, it is pointing towards former working experience that can easily be transferred into an offshore job situation. Luck is upon you if you have previously worked in military or you own the tag of a practiced tradesman. This will definitely play to your greater advantage. The reason is very simple-most offshore rig companies usually look for such type of employees.
There is no stopping. Having prior experience can even catapult you to greater levels. The best probable thing is first accepting an offshore job that is slightly lower in level. After that, just work your way up the scale by familiarizing yourself with the working environment and gaining more skills as well as proving yourself to a given task.
Other offshore job Links
- SSIS Developer
- Research Associate I, II, or III
- IT Cloud Specialist (Entry Level)
- Ordinary Seaman / OS / Deck Hand
- Data Analytics Associate
- Well Test Field Engineer Trainee
- MSBI Developer
- QA Analyst
- Learning Coordinator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Logistics Coordinator
- Human Resources Development Assistant
- Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of Product Development
- Legal Counsel
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Principal Technology Solutions Manager
- Marketing Intelligence Business Analyst
- Entry Level QA/Validation Analyst
- Offshore Medic - NEBOSH IGC