The structure of an rig crew usually involves an oil company hiring a drilling contractor to carry out the drilling operations. The rig crews are employees of the drilling contractor so in order to ensure that the operation is carried out according to the specifications, timelines and other goals, a company representative is assigned to each rig crew and this individual is referred to as the company man.
Some of the primary responsibilities of the company man are provided below:
- Ensure and support all safety precautions and regulations on board the rig.
- Ensure that the operation is proceeding according to the set time lines, budget and other goals.
- Provide any company support the rig crew might require for the drilling operation or for any softer issues.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the oil company and report back any inconsistencies, concerns or discrepancies that may arise.
The company man is required to be around for all shifts and is responsible for the rig’s performance throughout its shifts. He is usually expected to be a college graduate and very often started out as the lowest position on a rig crew, building his experience and knowledge until he obtained this full time senior position with the oil company. A company man can progress to more senior positions like that of a floating foreman or rig superintendent who would handle complex drill issues. It is a respected and highly sought after position and commands a strong salary of $80,000 to $120,000 per year.
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore
- Offshore Jobs at Baker Hughes
Other offshore job Links
- Project Manager 1
- Marine Fisheries Scientist
- Software Engineer
- RPA Process Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Hyperion Essbase Developer
- Database Engineer/Architect
- Full Time Job Opportunity For QA Analyst/ Software Testing
- Associate Data Analyst (Entry Level)
- Offshore Medic
- C++ Software Developer
- Entry Level Safety Coordinator- Kiewit Offshore Services
- UI Architect.
- Validation Engineer
- Fresher/ Entry level/ Junior Full Stack Web Developer
- Fresher/ Entry Level Business Analyst with VISA Support
- Associate Credit Analyst
- Entry User Experience Designer (UX)
- Offshore Paramedic