The barge engineer is an important role on board a rig. He is responsible for the vessel operation, running the control room and keeping the vessel and its inhabitants safe at all times. The cargo, materials, equipment and supplies on board the vessel all come under the responsibility of the barge engineer. In addition the barge engineer takes care of the paperwork, administration, cost management, crew supervision and other day-to-day activities on board the rig. Ultimately he ensures that all the work is completed accurately and on time.
To be a barge engineer, you should have a good understanding of operating a sea vessel and the safety precautions. You may require some experience as a master merchant in the Navy backed by a degree in the same field. Depending on the company you work for, previous rig experience may be expected as well.
The salary of a barge engineer ranges from $50,000 to $100,000 annually and on average, barge engineers make $69,000 annually.
Other offshore job Links
- Driller's Helper- Offshore
- BI Report Developer
- Data Analyst
- Digital Commerce Project Manager (US)
- Supply Chain Analyst, Business Intelligence
- UX Developer - Entry Level
- Client Services Associate
- ENTRY LEVEL UI DEVELOPER
- SAP ABAP Developer S4 HANA (First 2 months on-site, then remote)
- Human Resources Assistant
- Schifffahrtskaufmann / Kaufmann für Spedition und Logistikdienstleistung (w/m/d) Klarierung
- Remote QA Coding Auditor - Multi Specialty
- UI Developer - Entry Level
- Offshore Rigger
- Project Geoscientist
- Service Technician
- Logistics Analyst
- Offshore Utility Worker
- Junior Project Manager -- Needed!
- Administrative Assistant