Once you have decided to apply for a job, here are a few tips that can help you do better on your application.
1. Take the time to understand and familiarize yourself with the jargons of the industry. It shows that you are particularly interested in the role and a future with this line of work. It will set you apart from other candidates who are also applying for entry-level positions.
2. Ensure all contact information is accurate and that you are reachable once your application goes out. A number of companies like to have telephonic interviews and will not waste time repeatedly trying to reach you. In most cases they will give you some notice before fixing the interview however on some occasions it is an impromptu discussion. It makes sense then to mentally collect your thoughts on some key questions as soon as you send your application.
3. If you don’t get a confirmation that your application has been received, don’t hesitate to follow up and obtain this confirmation. Many times emails get missed and yours could be the unfortunate one. It also indicates to the recruiting team how interested you are in the position.
4. Include a covering letter expressing why you have applied, how you learned about the position and why you are keen to work for that particular company. It should be crisp yet informative, indicating your professionalism, focus and drive.
- New Offshore Employment Opportunities at Fugro
- New Offshore Job Vacancies at Husky Energy
- New Job Vacancies at Shawcor
- Current Job Openings at Precision Drilling
- Latest Offshore Employment opportunities in Gibson Energy
- Flowserve’s Latest Offshore Jobs
- Current offshore Jobs at Crescent Point Energy
- Offshore Jobs at Cabot Oil and Gas
- New Offshore Jobs at Expro
- New Offshore Jobs at Helix Energy Solutions
- New Offshore Jobs at Schlumberger
- Offshore Jobs at Noble Energy
- New Offshore Jobs at Parker Drilling
- New Offshore Jobs at Acteon
- Offshore Jobs at Oceaneering
- New Offshore Jobs at Saudi Aramco
- Offshore Jobs at Halliburton
- Offshore Jobs at Fluor Corporation
- New Offshore Jobs at Diamond Offshore
- Offshore Jobs at Baker Hughes
Other offshore job Links
- Project Manager 1
- Marine Fisheries Scientist
- Software Engineer
- RPA Process Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Hyperion Essbase Developer
- Database Engineer/Architect
- Full Time Job Opportunity For QA Analyst/ Software Testing
- Associate Data Analyst (Entry Level)
- Offshore Medic
- C++ Software Developer
- Entry Level Safety Coordinator- Kiewit Offshore Services
- UI Architect.
- Validation Engineer
- Fresher/ Entry level/ Junior Full Stack Web Developer
- Fresher/ Entry Level Business Analyst with VISA Support
- Associate Credit Analyst
- Entry User Experience Designer (UX)
- Offshore Paramedic